Set up an immediate auto-response, or a follow up email that sends when a unit becomes available.
Before you start, ensure you have the Forms module enabled in your Rentsync account.
Set up Immediate & Follow Up Auto-responses for Waiting List Inquiries
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the Rentsync Dashboard, then select "Form Settings"
- Select the "Waiting List Form"
- Fill in the "Success Message" field with an explanation of what the prospect can expect after submitting a Waiting List inquiry
Example: "Thank you for your interest in this property. We will be in touch with you when a unit becomes available."
- In the Immediate Auto-response Email section, select "Enable Auto-response" and "Include Request Details in Auto-response"
- In the Follow-up Email section, select "Enable Auto-response" and "Include Request Details in Follow-up Email"
- Customize both Auto-response Messages (see below for more information)
- Click "Save Form" to finish
Customizing the Auto-response Messages
You can customize the auto-response messages that will be sent to prospects after they submit a Waiting List inquiry or after a unit becomes available using Interpolation.
Interpolation refers to adding dynamic data from your form into otherwise static text. This is done by adding a key in double squared brackets within your text.
The key can be the Form Name of any field in your form (located under "Show Advanced"). If a Form Name says [auto], you can add one yourself or save the form to generate one first.
Interpolation keys can also be one of the following predefined keys, which refer to the details of a building or city, if either is selected in some way.
Building Interpolation Keys
- [[property]] or [[building]]
- [[address]] or [[property address]]
- [[property_phone]] or [[phone]]
City Interpolation Keys
Example of a Follow-up Auto-response
You are receiving this email because you signed up to our waiting list. We are happy to let you know that [[property]] has a unit available!
You can call [[contact_name]] regarding this property at [[property_phone]], [[extension]].
Thank you for your interest.
Tip: An automated follow-up email will send automatically once a unit becomes available. To ensure a prospect does not receive a follow-up email following a certain time period after their initial response, be sure to fill out the Expiry field.